The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) says reports that it is recruiting personnel into the Service are false.
The GIS, in a statement, said it has not embarked on any recruitment exercise, “accordingly, the said publications are false and should be disregarded and be treated with contempt.”
The GIS noted that it does not embark on recruitment and/or enlistment exercises through social media platforms, nor does it recruit or enlist personnel through agents or intermediaries.
The Service said any such announcements on recruitment and/or enlistment will be made in the national dailies and its official website.
The GIS, therefore, has admonished the public to be wary of charlatans and individuals who claim to be issuing appointment letters, selling forms or having the ability to assist individuals to be recruited and/or enlisted into the service.
More News Headlines
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi