The unfolding drama of the tragic tale of kidnapping that has bedeviled the people of Takoradi appears to present fresh scene with each passing day.
In the latest episode, a diver, George Aduful was nearly lynched Wednesday following an alarm raised by a woman accusing him of kidnapping her two children.
According to an eye witness, while at her shop she “saw this private car passing by but it was speeding, and I heard this noise help me help me…”
But for the timely intervention of the police, a mob that accosted the car would have lynched the suspect. This development has led to the mob besieging the Effiakuma Police Station with clubs.
This development is happening at a time pressure seems to be mounting on the police to find three girls who have been kidnapped in the Western Region town of Takoradi.
The girls – from separate families – were taken from various locations in the town since last year and nothing has been heard about their whereabouts.
Narrating his own version of what happened, the Municipal Chief Executive of Effia-Kwesimintsim, Kojo Acqua, said “They chased the car and brought the car to the [police] station. The interrogation they had with the people in the car revealed that these are husband, wife and children.”
Explaining further the Police in Effiakuma, said Kahdija, a Sierra Leonean and allegedly wife of Mr. Aduful, accused his husband of kidnapping his own children.
But Mr. Aduful denies the accusation, stating that his wife’s reactions follow his threat to divorce her and elope with his two daughters.
Whiling thanking the people of Sekondi-Takoradi for the “love they have shown and what they are doing, Kojo Acqua, the MCE conceded that but for the timely intervention of the police the suspect would have been lynched.
“The crowd is so big. They are afraid they may take the law into their own hands. So they have transferred the case to the Police Regional headquarters,“ he said.
In the latest development, the Western Regional police P. R.O DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku has confirmed to Joy News that indeed George Eduful is the husband to Khadija.
She explained that after initial investigation they have realized that the man and the woman had issues hence she prevented the man from taking their daughters to school but the man forcefully took them in his Nissan pickup and later the wife joined but continued to struggle with the man.
The woman according to DSP Olivia will be charged for raising the false alarm and causing scare in the Metropolis.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Forestry Commission bans hunting, capturing of wild animals
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale