Broome Police in Western Australian shared the spooky CCTV footage on Twitter on Sunday – which quickly gained global attention.
The 15-second video begins with flashes of lightning bursting through the skies during a thunderstorm.
Suddenly, a spark of lightning reveals an unidentified object appearing out of the clouds.
Broome Police captioned the clip: “After reviewing CCTV at town beach of last night's storm, it appears we were not alone.”
The video has since received more than 5,000 views and welcomed many comments.
One viewer stated: “It's a damn alien, but not sure if it's Area 51 replica vehicle or intergalactic vehicle. Insane footage.”
Another said: “Amazing looks like ball lightning. How lucky to actually see it first hand.”
“Maybe HAARP [High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program] interference brought it down...they fly up in the Sun off Mercury,” another conspiracist added.
But the most likely explanation, as was pointed out by many viewers, was that it was simply a reflection of bright light.
It comes only days after a mystery cluster of lights, which were 'not visible with the naked eye', appeared in a photograph.
Last week, theorists also suggested that “half-bird, half-man” relics found in Egypt and Peru “proved aliens visited Earth”.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall