Broome Police in Western Australian shared the spooky CCTV footage on Twitter on Sunday – which quickly gained global attention.
The 15-second video begins with flashes of lightning bursting through the skies during a thunderstorm.
Suddenly, a spark of lightning reveals an unidentified object appearing out of the clouds.
Broome Police captioned the clip: “After reviewing CCTV at town beach of last night's storm, it appears we were not alone.”
The video has since received more than 5,000 views and welcomed many comments.
One viewer stated: “It's a damn alien, but not sure if it's Area 51 replica vehicle or intergalactic vehicle. Insane footage.”
Another said: “Amazing looks like ball lightning. How lucky to actually see it first hand.”
“Maybe HAARP [High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program] interference brought it down...they fly up in the Sun off Mercury,” another conspiracist added.
But the most likely explanation, as was pointed out by many viewers, was that it was simply a reflection of bright light.
It comes only days after a mystery cluster of lights, which were 'not visible with the naked eye', appeared in a photograph.
Last week, theorists also suggested that “half-bird, half-man” relics found in Egypt and Peru “proved aliens visited Earth”.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime