A senior high school student was on Monday put before a circuit court in Accra for robbing one Gabriel Kwame Sarfo-Asare of an amount of ¢5 at knife-point.
The accused was said to have robbed the complainant, who is also a student on February 13, at Dansoman in Accra.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge and was remanded by the court presided over by Aboagye Tandoh.
He is to reappear on March 4, for the court to rule on a bail application.
The facts of the case, as presented by Police Chief Inspector William Boateng was that the complainant is a student and lives at Odorkor Chabaa, whiles the accused is also a student at Adisadel College in Cape Coast and lives at Abeka Lapaz in Accra.
He said the complainant in on vacation and was attending holiday classes at the campus of Methodist University in Accra.
He said on February 13 at about 7:30 am, the complainant was walking when the accused met him on the university campus and asked to be given ¢5.
Mr Boateng said the complainant declined the request, but the accused pulled out a knife from his pocket and threatened the complainant to either open his school bag or be stabbed.
The prosecution said for fear of his life, the complainant opened the bag and the accused robbed him of his GH₵5 note and bolted.
The complainant raised alarm and two security officers on the campus, namely Foster Gbeklui and Baba Akatu arrested the accused person.
The ¢5 note and a small knife with an orange coloured handle were retrieved from his pocket and handed over to the police.
He said the accused admitted, threatening the complainant at knife-point.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day