On Sunday, animal rescuers in Germany sprung into action when they caught wind of a rat that was stuck in a manhole cover, the BBC reported.
So, one might ask, how does a rat get stuck in manhole cover? Well, animal rescuer Michael Sehr had some ideas, the BBC reported.
"She had a lot of winter flab and was stuck fast at her hip — there was no going forward or back," Sehr explained to a German outlet.
And thus, she was trapped. Just look at her face!
The mission to rescue the animal was quite elaborate. Several volunteers were called to the scene. An album on the Berufstierrettung Rhein Neckar Facebook page details the experience.
From the looks — and sounds! — of it, things got hairy. A team, yes a whole team, were called in to lift up the manhole cover and pry out the distressed rodent, who squeaked throughout the entire ordeal.
But Sehr defended the course of action. After all, it was all in the name of the rat's wellbeing. "Even animals that are hated by many deserve respect," he told the BBC.
So after all of that effort what happened to the rat, you might wonder. Was it someone's pet? Did it go to an animal sanctuary? Well, it should go without saying that she went back into the sewer, presumably to be with her rat friends.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash
- MP faults PDS over bloody Odumase violence that killed boy