A victim of the shooting incidence at the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election has undergone a successful operation, officers at the 37 Military Hospital has said.
Lieutenant Colonel Rex Adzagba, the Senior Administrative Officer in charge of Medical at the Hospital, said the victim was doing well and responding to treatment.
He said the victim suffered a fracture of the lower leg and he is under observation after the operation.
On Thursday, Jan 31, 2019, seven people sustained serious wounds when some unknown gunmen invaded the La-Bawaleshie residence of Kwasi Delali Berempong, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Parliamentary candidate, in the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election.
The victims were sent to the Legon Hospital after which one of the victims was transferred to the 37 Military Hospital due to the critical nature of his condition.
Some of the victims sustained injuries on the neck, arm and back.
Following the incident, the NDC withdrew its candidate from the by-election, saying it could not guarantee the safety of its members.
However, Yaw Buabeng Asamoah, the Director of Communication, New Patriotic Party, has said the National Democratic Congress’s decision to withdraw from the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election was to damage the integrity of the electoral process.
Lydia Seyram Alhassan, the wife of the late Emmanuel Kyeremanten Agyarko won the by-election with 12,041 votes, representing 68.80 per cent of the total valid votes cast.
Mr Brempong had 5,341 votes, representing 30.52 per cent, while Willian Dowokpor of the Progressive People’s Party had 102, representing 0.58 per cent and Clement Boadi of the Liberal Party of Ghana got 17, representing 0.10 per cent.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La
- White Missionary reportedly undergoes female circumcision to be part of Kenya culture
- "Are Ghana's cities clean for ‘Year of Return’?"
- Tarzan chides Akufo-Addo, Sakyi-Addo, Kan Dapaah over Radio Gold, XYZ closure