A young boy died after he was allegedly buried by his legal guardians for not being able to recite passages from the Bible.
Ethan Hauschultz was said to have been abused badly in the weeks up to his death, including being made to hold a 44lb log for two hours every day for a week.
His legal guardians Timothy and Tina Hauschultz are alleged to have buried him in a ‘little coffin of snow’ because he failed to memorise 13 biblical verses, police said.
Their teenage son, 15, is also reported to have been involved in the torture, kicking and punching him 100 times, standing on his head while he was face-down in a puddle and rolling a heavy log over him.
Tina Hauschultz is facing charges after turning a blind eye to the abuse being meted out
He told police that he had been put in charge of looking after Ethan and his twin.
They were both punished for not memorising the passages that had been chosen by Timothy. Ethan died of hypothermia and blunt force trauma across his body in Wisconsin in April last year.
His birth mother Andrea Everett said: ‘When I got there Ethan did not have a heartbeat and his temperature was 23 degrees.
‘They worked on him for five hours, giving him CPR the entire time, and still couldn’t get a heartbeat. There was no brain activity.
Timothy Hauschultz has been charged with murder
‘I want justice for my son, and the person responsible should go to jail for a very long time.’
Timothy Hauschultz was charged with murder while Tina was charged with failing to protect Ethan.
Both are facing allegations that they allowed the teenager, who has been charged with first-degree reckless homicide, to get out of control.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents
- #FixLekmaNow: JoyNews, JoyFM storm LEKMA community
- Exploding gas cylinder kills one Chinese, 2 others in critical condition
- Ireland’s most prolific petty criminal racks up conviction number 648
- Newspaper headlines : Thursday, July 18, 2019
- HIV/AIDS prevalence rate in Ghana pegged at 1.69%
- Ghanaian Architects protest multiple gov’t projects awarded to Sir David Adjaye
- You can stay in this giant avocado, dubbed the ‘Avo-Condo’