A Lunar New Year promotion at a hotel in China's Zhejiang province will likely draw reactions of either horror or delight among fans of Chinese hot pot.
Hangzhou's First World Hotel, home to the Yunman Hot Spring, has designed one of its hot spring pools to look like one big human hot pot.
The hotel says it aims to promote a healthy lifestyle in the run-up to the Lunar New Year, or spring festival, which begins the first week of February.
Much like the real thing, the rectangular hot spring is divided into compartments, each filled with produce such as limes, chilies, lettuce, apples and bananas.
And dippers can dine while they soak, too.
Images taken at the hot spring show tourists happily going hands-free as they chew on massive skewers of meat and veggies, which lay across the hot spring pools. (Let's hope this hot pot is equipped with a high-quality drainage system.)
Unlike Chengdu or Chongqing, hot pot probably isn't the first thing one might associate with the city of Hangzhou.
But the area's abundance of mountain-fed hot springs has made it a popular weekend destination, given it's just a two-hour drive from Shanghai.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- ‘God is in control’ of Akufo-Addo’s cleanest city promise – Minister
- Ghanaian firm offers to supply timber to rebuild Notre Dame
- MTN rescue Agogo Nhyiaeso pupils, teachers from collapsing school building
- Ghana less safe for journalists - Reporters Without Borders
- Stopping vigilantism requires full arsenal of conflict prevention - Ibn Chambas
- Islam, Christianity have more similarities than differences – Bawumia
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell