The Mankralo of Fodzoku Traditional Area in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region, Torgbe Kwasi Mensurobi, has made an urgent appeal for support of education in deprived communities.
This, he indicated, will provide opportunities for children in hard-to-reach communities to have access to quality education for a better future.
These communities, he added, also need the best of basic facilities to make learning and teaching effective.
Torgbe Mensurobi made the appeal during the inauguration of the computer and library centre for the community on Friday, January 25.
The facility is first of its kind for the resettled community following the construction of the Kpong Hydro Dam some four decades ago.
The traditional ruler was grateful to Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC) and the Volta River Authority (VRA) for making it possible for the school children to also have access to ICT and a library facility which he said will boost education.
However, he said more needs to be done.
“We need more upgrading in the educational system in these communities to improve on teaching and learning,” he said.
He charged parents to give priority to the education of their children to guarantee them a better future. He also urged his school children to concentrate on their studies.
Torgbe Kwasi Mensurobi
Some of the school children who spoke to the media were happy that they can now learn ICT and have access to books to read and help them with their studies.
The computer and library centre will serve pupils from a number of schools in the Fodzoku community including the E.P Basic Schools and R.C Primary and Junior High Schools.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service
- Meet Maxwell: 23-year-od successful mango farmer