Guangzhou Bayiun International Airport has named Ethiopian Airlines the top performing cargo transportation airline in 2018, at the Customers Annual Meeting organised on January 30.
The award was handed to Ethiopian for being the first airline among top ten cargo operators to Guangzhou Bayiun International Airport.
Ethiopian Airlines, the largest Aviation Group in Africa and SKYTRAX Certified Four Star Global Airline, has the largest share, over 11%, of the total international cargo transportation at Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou.
Receiving the award, Group CEO of Ethiopian Airlines, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, remarked: “We are very honored that Guangzhou Airport has recognised us with this prestigious award.
“Ethiopian Cargo & Logistics, which operates 9 ultra-modern Boeing 777 Freigthers, each with 100 tons uplift capacity, is facilitating trade flow between Africa and the rest of the world, thereby contributing to the economic development of the continent,” he added.
He stated: “In particular, it [Ethiopian Airlines] is playing an important role in the success of the China One Belt One Road Initiative by availing critical air infrastructure that is boosting cargo export and import between Africa and China. I wish to thank all my colleagues at Ethiopian Cargo & Logistics for this well-deserved recognition and encourage them to work even harder to support Africa’s economic transformation.”
Ethiopian won this award for the second time in a row outperforming competitor airlines by transporting 38,800 tons of import and export cargo to/and from Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou in 2018 alone.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University
- Chinese people keep trying to throw metal coins into airplane engines for good luck
- 'Year of return': Hundreds of African-Americans resettle in Ghana
- Ghana Writers’ Conference 2019 opens in December
- In Pictures: Climax of majestic Otumfuo@20 anniversary
- Otumfuo@20: Colourful Asante culture on display as firing of musketry greet patrons
- 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen underway
- JoyNews gets result: Maternity centre near completion at Mangotideke
- In pictures: Second inferno wreak havoc at Kumasi market