Eight people are dead and at least five are injured after a sprinter bus and Diesel truck collided into each other head on in Boankra Friday morning.
According to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, both the driver and a man in the passenger seat of the sprinter bus are among the eight dead.
In an attempt to avoid the accident, the truck driver swerved into a home nearby shortly after the collision. All occupants escaped the home uninjured.
The injured have been transported to the Accident and Emergency Unit at the Ejisu Government Hospital while others are at Konongo Hospital. They are believed to be in stable condition.
The bodies of the deceased are currently at a morgue inside the Juaben Government Hospital.
Some of the dead and injured have yet to be identified.
This story is developing. More soon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov’t clears $13m arrears owed peacekeepers – Akufo-Addo
- GPRTU, human rights group demand access to remanded driver, mate
- NSMQ: Ghanass, Adonten, Ofori Panin pick final slots for Eastern region
- ‘Give me new lawyer from ICC, mine is fed up’ - Suspected J.B. killer
- What are you actually allowed to take from a hotel room?
- Hot Video: UPSA VC, Pro-VC join students ‘jama’
- Photo of the week: Driver and police in a fracas over road infraction
- Kumasi in shock as 2 ladies are murdered
- Ghana ranked fourth happiest in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Catholic Archbishop of Accra commends Rawlings for supporting poor, underprivileged
- GMOs will reduce use of chemicals on farms – UCC Professor
- Climate Week: Calls to strengthen climate action by promoting gender equality intensifies
- 'Israel-Ghana dance bridges' held in Accra
- Agric Minister's claims that Ghana doesn’t need GMOs unfortunate – Scientist
- Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: Miracles confirm evangelism – Aps Miah