Staff of Multimedia Group Ltd in Accra have congregated in thanksgiving to God.
Smart enough to discern that skills are secondary to grace, the grateful professionals met to confess quite profusely, God’s providence.
Photo: Pastor Kojo Frimpong, host of Joy Time in His Presence was moderator for the service
Borrowing their radiance from their white dresses just as Christians borrow God’s righteousness, clients, sponsors, management and the managed filled the Victory Bible Church premises in Kokomlemele, Accra,
The church is just a stone throw away from the company. Close but not as close as God has been to Multimedia this past year.
Ask HR Director Nana Nana Mbroh Elegba who used his hands to wipe the air helplessly during the worship.
Photo: HR Director Nana Elegba
Ask the head of Sports, Sammy Yirenkyi, who found a different use for his hand clasping them together like a clap, head losing its pependicularity slightly enough for his eyes to scan the sky for that ageless search for God in heaven.
Photo: Sammy Yirenkyi is head of sports at Multimedia
And ask our sponsors and clients, the company’s super glue. And there were there in their numbers. Joe Darko for Ashfoam, Kojo Larbi of Stanbic Bank, Abigail Ankomah of Orca Decor, Susie Ansah of Toyota Gh. Ltd, Bright Okyere from the Bank of Africa, Gideon Saah from Franko Trading.
There was Adu Boahene from Genesis Homeopathic Clinic, Abraham Abayatey of Scanad, Afrodan Ltd’s Mr. and Mrs. Takyi Micah, David Amevor of Tripple A, Kojo Baidoo of DAF, Ebo Acquah from Blue Rose, Lydia Fletcher from Densu Industries Ltd and Christie Kwagyir-Aggrey from SMIC 360 Ltd.
As comprehensive an attendance as God’s blessing.
Looking whiter than everybody else, the Multimedia Choir strang together for several songs, praises and worship. George Addo Jnr, sports presenter for a living and the guitarist for a season, flung his waist around dancing to the busy work of his fingers on the strings.
There was dancing to the blood-boiling beats of Nara – sang by Tim Godfrey and popularised by Travis Green.
“You’ve done so much for me, I cannot tell it all,” that line modulated by the deep tones of bass drums – its does something to a man’s soul.
Outsourcing Nigerian gospel hits into the Kokomlemele auditorium, the congregation did Sinaach’s Way Maker – for the most obvious reason that of course God made the way.
Joe Mettle, a friend to the company would take over to offer his own hit songs – Bo nɔɔ ni eee – No one else but you – for the most obvious reason that of course its been God.
Photo: 2017 VGMA Artist of the Year Joe Mettle
He sang ‘Onwanwani’ to wit ‘God of Wonders’ for the most obvious reason that of course God is wonderful.
Debutant to MGL Thanksgiving Services and Head pastor at the Maker’s Chapel Dr. Michael Boadi delivered an exhortation using – yes you guessed right – The Psalms 107 and referred to 105,106 too.
Waxing lyrical, he drew the attention of the staff that we thank God for our history, for our misery and our victory.
And challenged everyone to examine where they have come from, what they have been through and what they have overcame.
Now that’s quite a lot of rummaging work through a man’s life. But God will take anything less – and deservedly so.
Watch full sermon
Photo: Jeshurun Okyere is a Worship leader, song writer and composer was there to lead the congregation in singing
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019: Pojoss get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals
- Four gov’t appointees in road accident
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase
- Aluminium Dev't Corp reiterates readiness to engage mining companies
- Go to court to stop Nigerians, others from retail trade - Baako to GUTA
- Police’s ‘unlawful’ arrest of Nigerian lecturer criticised
- Court fines owners of stray cattle GH¢960