A 23-year-old man who is accused of defiling a 12-year-old girl in a bathhouse at Ashongman Estates has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
Christian Fianyo, self-employed, charged with defilement pleaded guilty.
The court presided over by Mrs Ruby Naa Adjeley Quaison convicted Fianyo on his own plea but deferred sentence to January 17.
Prosecuting, Sergeant Opoku Aniagyei, who held the brief of Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire said the complainant is a building contractor residing at Ashongman Estates and father of the victim.
He said Fianyo also resides at Ashongman where he operates a drinking spot near a bakery where the victim and her sister are normally sent to buy bread.
The prosecution said on November 5, last year, at about 7:00 pm the victim was sent to purchase bread but since the baking was not complete the victim decided to wait at the accused person’s drinking spot.
The prosecution said Fianyo then bought some oranges for the victim and lured her to a bathhouse and instructed the victim to bend down and had sexual intercourse with her.
He said the victim complained to her father and a report was made to the police where the complainant was issued with a medical report form to send the victim to the hospital for examination.
The prosecution said Fianyo was later arrested.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint