The final funeral rites of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II will continue with the agreed upon road map, the committee superintending the process has said.
A statement from the office of the Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who is the Chairman of the committee of eminent chiefs said the funeral rites will continue as planned.
“On Sunday 13th January to pave way for the performance of the funeral by the elders of the Andani royal family,” the statement said.
This comes after some renewed clashes in Dagbon between the Abudu and the Andani gates who have been feuding for decades. The clashes led to the torching of several homes and leaving at least one dead.
Read the full statement below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase
- Aluminium Dev't Corp reiterates readiness to engage mining companies
- Go to court to stop Nigerians, others from retail trade - Baako to GUTA
- Police’s ‘unlawful’ arrest of Nigerian lecturer criticised
- Court fines owners of stray cattle GH¢960
- Dog waits one year at police station where owner was arrested
- NCA sues Electronic Communications Tribunal for bias