The Electricity Company of Ghana's (ECG) Power Queens, a female workforce of the power distribution company, have paid a courtesy call on the Chief of Staff at the Jubilee House.
The delegation led by the National President, Rosemond Asamoa-Frimpong took the opportunity to officially introduce their club to the Chief of Staff and brief her about the activities of the Power Queens since its establishment 30 years ago and also to seek her support.
Madam Rosemond indicated that Power Queens club was set up with the main objective of advocating for female staff who were mostly Junior Staffs then.
She narrated with pride how female staffs have risen through the ranks and are currently occupying senior officers’ position in ECG as a result of their participation in self-development programmes.
The Chief of Staff commended them for their incredible work and urged them to strive for greater heights particularly in their career.
She also assured them of her support.
The Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare is a gender advocate who believes strongly in women empowerment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong
- Some videos of Ayawaso by-election violence doctored – Witness
- By-election violence: Masked security men came to check party militia - National Security
- Ghanaian scammers are unemployed, intelligent - EOCO
- Portion of major Kumasi to Accra highway to be closed for repairs
- 3 workers die after electrocution in Kyebi
- Gov’t reviews traffic regulations to improve road transport
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Nigerian woman nabbed for trafficking girl to Ghana for prostitution