The Electricity Company of Ghana's (ECG) Power Queens, a female workforce of the power distribution company, have paid a courtesy call on the Chief of Staff at the Jubilee House.
The delegation led by the National President, Rosemond Asamoa-Frimpong took the opportunity to officially introduce their club to the Chief of Staff and brief her about the activities of the Power Queens since its establishment 30 years ago and also to seek her support.
Madam Rosemond indicated that Power Queens club was set up with the main objective of advocating for female staff who were mostly Junior Staffs then.
She narrated with pride how female staffs have risen through the ranks and are currently occupying senior officers’ position in ECG as a result of their participation in self-development programmes.
The Chief of Staff commended them for their incredible work and urged them to strive for greater heights particularly in their career.
She also assured them of her support.
The Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare is a gender advocate who believes strongly in women empowerment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss
- Water tariff goes up by 8%
- NSMQ2019: Pope John get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals
- 4 Gov’t officials in road crash; 3 in critical condition
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase