The Chief Executive of the Public Procurement Authority, Mr. AB Adjei was conferred an Honorary Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management (CISCM), Ghana at a colourful ceremony held at the Marriot Hotel, Airport-City in Accra.
This honorary award is in recognition of Mr. Adjei’s distinguished leadership and innovation in the area of Procurement and Supply Chain development in both the public and private sectors across the country and beyond. AB Adjei was honoured together with other eminent personalities in both academia and practise. Some of the other awardees are- Hon. Joe Ghartey, Minister of Railway Development, Mr. Kweku Andoh-Awotwi, Chief Executive-Tullow Oil, Ghana and Board Chairman of the Volta River Authority (VRA), Prof. Ama Andam of the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences, Prof. Esther Sakyi-Dawson of the University of Ghana, Dr. Theresa Oppong Beeko, Executive Chairman-Manet Properties, Mr. Emmanuel Antwi-Darkwa, Chief Executive of VRA, and Mr. Joseph Siaw Agyepong-Executive Chairman-Jospong Group of Companies.
In a keynote address, Hon. Minister of Railway Development, Joe Ghartey, stressed on the importance of effective supply chain management towards the realisation of sustainable growth and development. Giving a historical account of how the huge investment in the construction of the railways in the then Gold Coast, resulted in increased production and export of cocoa in the late 1800s, making the Gold Coast the leading producer of Cocoa in the world.
Mr. Awotwi, Chief Executive of Tullow Oil Ghana and Board Chairman of the VRA and Chairperson for the occasion, indicated that a comprehensive integration of the Supply Chains of the major sectors of our economy holds the potential to revolutionize our economy and generate the needed employment opportunities for the teeming youth of Ghana.
The President of the CISCM, Mr. Richard Okrah, assured all stakeholders that the Institute will continue to work towards greater recognition of an end-to-end Supply Chain Management through sound Leadership, Research, Training, and Professional Service for sustainable growth of the practise and in Ghana and the sub-Region.
The award ceremony also witnessed the induction into office of other Eminent & Subject Matter Experts as well as newly qualified Members of the Institute.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Galamsey fight: Words must match actions – Dotsei Malor urges gov’t
- Surgery on eyesight of MoMo merchant attacked with acid begins
- GES presents pianos to 100 senior high schools
- Police on manhunt for Nigerians who kidnapped Estonian mission head
- Sharubutu@100: Bawuma joins other Muslims to kickstart celebrations
- Chambas calls for stronger regional partnerships to promote stability
- Otumfuo@20: 'King Solomon' Asantehene receives plaudits for wise calls on disputes
- Snakes drive President Weah out of office
- UN reiterates commitment to assist Ghana abolish vigilantism
- Nigerian jailed 7 years for defilement
- Photos: Ghana earning its stars and stripes through tourism
- Kumasi: ‘Inestimable’ number of properties consumed by fire
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures: Rawlings receives new book, Akufo-Addo in Atebubu
- Road fatalities reduce in Central region
- Akufo-Addo mourns Ghanaian head of UN Observer Force