Of all the things that could go wrong at a funeral, this is probably up there among the worst.
A pallbearer stumbled and fell on top of the coffin as it was being lowered into the ground in front of mourners.
People wail in shock while others desperately try to prevent the woman’s corpse from falling out in the district of Pampas, Peru.
The coffin bearer appears to slip and lose his footing, tumbling into the plot and turning the coffin on its side.
As he clambers out, other people try to keep the lid on the coffin to prevent the woman’s body falling out any further, but the lid appears to be broken.
He managed to get out of the grave and the body was eventually interred correctly, allowing the funeral to continue as planned.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss
- Water tariff goes up by 8%
- NSMQ2019: Pope John get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals
- 4 Gov’t officials in road crash; 3 in critical condition
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase