Of all the things that could go wrong at a funeral, this is probably up there among the worst.
A pallbearer stumbled and fell on top of the coffin as it was being lowered into the ground in front of mourners.
People wail in shock while others desperately try to prevent the woman’s corpse from falling out in the district of Pampas, Peru.
The coffin bearer appears to slip and lose his footing, tumbling into the plot and turning the coffin on its side.
As he clambers out, other people try to keep the lid on the coffin to prevent the woman’s body falling out any further, but the lid appears to be broken.
He managed to get out of the grave and the body was eventually interred correctly, allowing the funeral to continue as planned.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Have a victorious attitude towards life ‘for it is finished’ – Christians told
- Galamsey fight: Words must match actions – Dotsei Malor urges gov’t
- Surgery on eyesight of MoMo merchant attacked with acid begins
- GES presents pianos to 100 senior high schools
- Police on manhunt for Nigerians who kidnapped Estonian mission head
- Sharubutu@100: Bawumia joins other Muslims to kickstart celebrations
- Chambas calls for stronger regional partnerships to promote stability
- Otumfuo@20: 'King Solomon' Asantehene receives plaudits for wise calls on disputes
- Snakes drive President Weah out of office
- UN reiterates commitment to assist Ghana abolish vigilantism
- Nigerian jailed 7 years for defilement
- Photos: Ghana earning its stars and stripes through tourism
- Kumasi: ‘Inestimable’ number of properties consumed by fire
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures: Rawlings receives new book, Akufo-Addo in Atebubu
- Road fatalities reduce in Central region