A 28-year-old man suspected of kidnapping has escaped police cells in the Western Region capital, Takoradi, triggering a manhunt.
Samuel Udoterg Willison who has a Nigerian accent bolted from the Takoradi Central Police cell last Sunday, December 30, 2019, at about 4:30 pm.
“He used an implement to cut the iron rod for the ventilation in the cell and escaped” the Police’s Western Regional Public Relation Officer, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, said.
Photo: DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku
The fugitive is the suspected leader behind three kidnap cases reported in the Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis from October to December 2018.
The Police have begun investigations into circumstances surrounding the break-out.
DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku explained, it has increased vigilance and is also calling on the public to assist in re-arresting the suspect.
Meanwhile, the seven police officers who were on duty during the escape have been given ten days to bring back the suspect or face the law.
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses