A 28-year-old man suspected of kidnapping has escaped police cells in the Western Region capital, Takoradi, triggering a manhunt.
Samuel Udoterg Willison who has a Nigerian accent bolted from the Takoradi Central Police cell last Sunday, December 30, 2019, at about 4:30 pm.
“He used an implement to cut the iron rod for the ventilation in the cell and escaped” the Police’s Western Regional Public Relation Officer, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, said.
Photo: DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku
The fugitive is the suspected leader behind three kidnap cases reported in the Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis from October to December 2018.
The Police have begun investigations into circumstances surrounding the break-out.
DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku explained, it has increased vigilance and is also calling on the public to assist in re-arresting the suspect.
Meanwhile, the seven police officers who were on duty during the escape have been given ten days to bring back the suspect or face the law.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 59 foreign nationals arrested for illegal mining in Western Region
- 'Chereponi conflict is escalating' -- Security analysts call for firm action
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner
- Twene Amanfo SHTS left in tears as NSMQ doors close for 'Brong Ahafo'
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+