A 28-year-old man suspected of kidnapping has escaped police cells in the Western Region capital, Takoradi, triggering a manhunt.
Samuel Udoterg Willison who has a Nigerian accent bolted from the Takoradi Central Police cell last Sunday, December 30, 2019, at about 4:30 pm.
“He used an implement to cut the iron rod for the ventilation in the cell and escaped” the Police’s Western Regional Public Relation Officer, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, said.
Photo: DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku
The fugitive is the suspected leader behind three kidnap cases reported in the Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis from October to December 2018.
The Police have begun investigations into circumstances surrounding the break-out.
DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku explained, it has increased vigilance and is also calling on the public to assist in re-arresting the suspect.
Meanwhile, the seven police officers who were on duty during the escape have been given ten days to bring back the suspect or face the law.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic
- Supreme Court dismisses Exton Cubic case
- GhLA to revamp school, community libraries to encourage reading habits
- Education Minister makes case for promoting French language
- Tree stumps on Sene River make transportation, fishing dangerous
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Hussien-Suale’s murder: Anas, everybody is a suspect – Lawyer
- Anas dedicates latest award to slain Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders