A 28-year-old man suspected of kidnapping has escaped police cells in the Western Region capital, Takoradi, triggering a manhunt.
Samuel Udoterg Willison who has a Nigerian accent bolted from the Takoradi Central Police cell last Sunday, December 30, 2019, at about 4:30 pm.
“He used an implement to cut the iron rod for the ventilation in the cell and escaped” the Police’s Western Regional Public Relation Officer, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, said.
Photo: DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku
The fugitive is the suspected leader behind three kidnap cases reported in the Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis from October to December 2018.
The Police have begun investigations into circumstances surrounding the break-out.
DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku explained, it has increased vigilance and is also calling on the public to assist in re-arresting the suspect.
Meanwhile, the seven police officers who were on duty during the escape have been given ten days to bring back the suspect or face the law.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker