Five million dollars has been set aside to invest in boosting the economic activities of Aveyime in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region.
A multi-million dollar agribusiness, Techno Bicon Agriculture Limited, a subsidiary of Euroget Group, in partnership with Maryna Agriculture Limited, has acquired 11,000 acres of land for the cultivation of different kinds of crops.
This will eventually give employment opportunities to the people of the North Tongu District.
Speaking at a stakeholders meeting held at the North Tongu District Assembly, the managing director of Techno Bicon Agriculture Limited, Dr Said Derez, said the company is committed to helping government achieve its planting for foods and jobs and the “One District, One Factory” policies in the North Tongu District.
According to Derez, the projects would bring job opportunities to the people of the district.
“Our aim is to support the planting for foods and jobs as well as the “One District, One Factory” policies initiated by the government which will bring job opportunities for the youths”
He also mentioned that processing factories would also be set up by the company to enhance the local products in the districts as well as produce goods for domestic consumption.
The DCE for the North Tongu District, Richard Collins Arku expressed gratitude to the company for the opportunity offered to the district to boost the economic activities by helping the people become economic independent.
Collins Arku said the projects is in line with government’s commitment at establishing industries and local businesses in the country.
“This project is welcoming news to us and it is in line with our commitment to establish companies in every part of the country,” Collins Arku said.
The company would also commit resources into infrastructure and other projects in the district to make live better for the various communities.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian language proficiency may soon become requirement for tertiary education
- Woman wants leather handbag made out of the skin on her amputated leg
- World Bank supports Ghana tourism with $40m grant
- Menzgold saga: Aggrieved customers disappointed in Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s directive on party militia commendable – NCCE
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- UN apppints Ghana's Martha Pobee to review Financing for Dev't
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6