The Information Ministry has announced that it will hold a maiden Constitution Day Public Lecture Monday, January 7 to mark the commencement of the 4th Republican constitutional dispensation 26 years ago on that day.
The lecture will aim to acknowledge the country’s tenets of democracy, rule of law and principles of constitutionalism.
In a statement, the Ministry wrote that the day is “set aside to acknowledge the country’s collective efforts.
The lecture will take place at the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences. Its keynote speaker will be a Professor at the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences, Philip Ebow Bondzi-Simpson.
The event will stream live on all of the Ministry’s social media platforms.
About the speaker
Prof. Philip Ebow Bondzi-Simpson, a Professor of Law, Barrister and Solicitor. He holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the University of Cape Coast, Ghana; an S.J.D. in Corporate Law from the University of Toronto, Canada; an LLM in Human Rights from the University of Saskatchewan; a Qualifying Certificate for Enrolment as Barrister and Solicitor from the Ghana School of Law; and an LLB degree from the University of Ghana.
Prof. Bondzi-Simpson has over 30 years of working experience in consulting and education. He was the Director of Legal Services and Investigations at the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) and a Senior Lecturer at the Ghana School of Law.
He is a member of the Ghana Bar Association, where he has served as the chairman of its Committee on Continuing Legal Education and Professional Development, member of the University Teachers Association of Ghana, member of the International Association of Law Schools’ Deans Forum and the Convener on the Conference of Law Deans (Ghana).
He is married with five children.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint