President of the Environmental Service Providers Association, Dr Joseph Siaw Agyapong, has called on the media to replicate the aggressive and massive approach adopted to publicise the galamsey menace on environmental sanitation in order receive equal attention given to government some years ago.
Dr Siaw Agyapong, who doubles as a Chairman of the JOSPONG Group of companies, wants strict enforcement of the existing environmental law to deal ruthlessly with environmental offenders which according to him will create a smooth path for players of the environmental management sector to work towards the achievement of President Akufo-Addo’s cleaner Ghana.
Dr Joseph Siaw Agyapong made the call during the annual get together of his association at the Ghana Trade Site at Labadi in Accra where members from all regions were presents.
“We have the adequate laws that should be enforced to ensure that the citizens keep the environment clean,” said Mr Agyapong.
He said some laws such as the Environmental Protection Agency Act and several others needs to be enforced.
He was of the view that his association has the capacity to manage the waste in the country with the Ghanaian solutions when environmental laws are enforced.
Mr Joseph Siaw Agyapong announced that additional 2,000 tricycles and 500 compaction trucks are ready to augment the existing fleet for waste collection, adding that tricycle operators will benefit from an award scheme which include cash prizes with two top lucky winners, who will have the chance to visit China as a part of their award.
Mr Agyapong disclosed that ten innovative mobile composting plants are ready to be deployed to various regions for an aggressive production of compost for agricultural use. A digitalized software application for identifying waste among others are also ready to be used by the public for onward collection of waste.
On his part, the Deputy Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources commended the association for its contribution to the management of sanitation in the country.
He announced that his Ministry introduced a national league table to display performance of the municipal and district assemblies to check which assembly or municipality is performing.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GH¢2.5m locked up investment
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Anas' key partner shot dead
- PHOTOS+VIDEO: Huge fire destroys Odawna Market
- PTA Council laments use of 'inexperienced' NABCo teachers for SHS