The police also arrested at least three of the protestors believed to be among the organisers.
A planned march to the palace of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II was foiled by the police causing the protestors to retreat and later disperse.
The police insisted that since the demonstration is illegal, the protestors are not moving an inch further.
7:30 am – Some of the protestors are reiterating their disappointment with the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo. According to one of them who spoke to Joy News, it has been four months since the saga broke and Mr. Akufo-Addo and his office have been silent.
‘We have petitioned him, the National Peace Council the Economic and Organised Crime Office and other state institutions but there is no encouraging response from any of them’.
“We want our money, ” others continue to chant.
7:15 am – Firefighters have been deployed to the protest epicenter as the aggrieved customers have blocked the roads and are burning disposed car tyres.
The situation has caused the blockage of the road linking Adum and Amakom, two suburbs of Kumasi.
7:00 am – Disappointed investors with troubled gold dealership company, Menzgold, have hit the streets in the Ashanti regional capital; Kumasi, demanding their monies.
About a hundred demonstrators are on the streets hoisting placards castigating the embattled CEO Nana Appiah Mensah, Luv FM’s Prince Appiah reports.
The demonstration comes despite a warning by the Ashanti regional police to the leaders of the demonstration not to go ahead with the protest, citing their failure to comply with the Public Order Act.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Family cleans house, finds pet tortoise missing since 1982
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- ‘Galamsey’-induced water crisis spreads through Cape Coast
- Security Warehouse wins Outstanding Electronic Security Company in West Africa
- Church leaders must ensure security on church premises - Opuni-Frimpong
- Let's fight poverty not each other - Bawumia calls for peace in Chereponi
- 3 persons jailed for receiving stolen items
- Self-styled journalist charged for fraud
- UN chief deplores lack of civilian protection in armed conflict
- Freedom of worship is not complete in Ghana - Abotsi
- Let's develop national character for sustainable good governance - Rawlings
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead