The police also arrested at least three of the protestors believed to be among the organisers.
A planned march to the palace of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II was foiled by the police causing the protestors to retreat and later disperse.
The police insisted that since the demonstration is illegal, the protestors are not moving an inch further.
7:30 am – Some of the protestors are reiterating their disappointment with the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo. According to one of them who spoke to Joy News, it has been four months since the saga broke and Mr. Akufo-Addo and his office have been silent.
‘We have petitioned him, the National Peace Council the Economic and Organised Crime Office and other state institutions but there is no encouraging response from any of them’.
“We want our money, ” others continue to chant.
7:15 am – Firefighters have been deployed to the protest epicenter as the aggrieved customers have blocked the roads and are burning disposed car tyres.
The situation has caused the blockage of the road linking Adum and Amakom, two suburbs of Kumasi.
7:00 am – Disappointed investors with troubled gold dealership company, Menzgold, have hit the streets in the Ashanti regional capital; Kumasi, demanding their monies.
About a hundred demonstrators are on the streets hoisting placards castigating the embattled CEO Nana Appiah Mensah, Luv FM’s Prince Appiah reports.
The demonstration comes despite a warning by the Ashanti regional police to the leaders of the demonstration not to go ahead with the protest, citing their failure to comply with the Public Order Act.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police