A newsreader has been roundly mocked by the internet after people made out a rude symbol on her jacket – and now we can’t unsee it.
Those who tuned in to Australia’s Channel Nine this week saw anchor Samantha Heathwood on screen wearing a smart green jacket.
What is a perfectly innocent piece of clothing became something else to eagle-eyed viewers in Australia thanks to the unusual shape of the collar.
Rounded at the shoulders, the collar extends midway down on the jacket in a rounded shape, finished off with a zip. But if you look closely, the collar’s shape does resemble a penis.
We’re not going to go into the zip part, thank you. The picture of Heathwood has been doing the rounds online, with viewers joking that it was a deliberate move to make her wear it.
‘I know I’m immature but this cracks me up,’ came a Twitter comment. ‘Literally cannot unsee it now,’ a Facebook comment read.
This isn’t the first time the jacket has caused a fuss, as it was worn back in 2015 by newsreader Natarsha Belling.
History repeating itself wasn’t lost on people who said it was ‘way worse’ than last time the ‘penis jacket’ had an outing.
‘Who thought that was a great idea? The first time!’ one viewer on Twitter asked. ‘That’s even worse than before…this time spillage’ came a further comment, presumably referring to the zip.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- PHOTOS: Michel Camp armoury explosions send ammunition into homes
- 2 nabbed in Kumasi for dealing in fake vehicle number plates
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery