There is always something to take away at NSMQ grande finale. There is the trophy, the trolls or even regrettably, the quiz mistress’ bag.
So who takes what? Defending champions St. Peters’, five-time champs Presec, Legon and St. Augustine’s College who just a year ago, were watching the competition at home.
An attempt by Presec boys to answer a riddle after the first statement to earn them 5 points, has failed. They would have tied with Augusco on 39 points if they got the answer right.
St. Augustine’s College boys have thus been declared 2019 champions of the National Science and Maths Quiz after a 26-year-drought.
At the end of the Fifth and final Round, it ended
St. Peters – 25pts
Presec – 34pts
St. Augustine – 39pts.
“Contestants, the trophy has arrived [and] I hope it gingers you up to do better in this last round,” quiz mistress, Dr Elsie Effah Kauffman announced.
Presec has clawed back points in the fourth round, reducing the gap between them and Augusco to just two points at the end of this round. It was the best round for the defending champions, St. Peters, but has come too late.
At the end of this round:
St. Peters SHS 25pts
St. Augustine’s 36pts.
All the schools scored only a point each after presenting their solutions for the problem of the day.
Problem of the Day:
St. Augustine's College: 1pt
St. Peter's SHS: 1pt
Presec, Legon: 1pt
Round 4 has seen the introduction of substitutes, Newton and Nathaniel for Augusco and Presec, respectively.
Augusco boys have stretched their lead from six points in Round 1 to eight points at the end of Round 2. St. Peters boys need a miracle to stage a comeback at this grand finale.
Round 2 scores are below:
St. Augustine's College: 28pts
Presec, Legon: 20pts
St. Peter's SHS: 11pts
The contest has entered Round 3, where the contestants are presented with a problem- Problem of the day. They will present their solution to quiz mistress Dr Elsie Effah Kaufman and she would then review and award points.
Good luck to all the schools.
Round 1 has turned out to be a contest between Cape Coast slayers, St. Augustine’s College and sixth title-chasing Presec Legon with Augustine’s boys leading the pack.
The defending champions, St. Peter’s boys appear not to have found their rhythm as they continue to fail to get their answers right.
At the end of the First Round
St. Peters – 12
Presec – 21
St. Augustine – 26
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video
- Court remands driver, mate in alleged fuel tanker arson case
- A judge let Chinese rosewood queen walk - Prosecutors
- Amnesty International to petition CHRAJ over Afoko
- Give Me Hope Foundation CEO wins International Philanthropist Award
- Pray for me: Thief’s apology letter after breaking into a church
- Boakye Mattress' Trust wins land case against Lands Commission, 3 others
- Callers decry "evil" hand in decision to deny Gregory Afoko bail
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat