It is finished, it is finished; champions of the NSMQ 2019, Augustine’s College chanted. They were using the defending champion’s pre-battle line against them.
The contestants of St Peter’s SHS used Bible verses as morale boosters ahead of their contests in the 2019 competition.
At the semifinal, Michael of St Peter’s referred to Tepa SHS and Wesley Girls’ SHS as ‘the Egyptians’ it is written that the Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more, he quoted the book of Exodus.
This worked for the Nkwatia-based school until the grand finale.
On Thursday, the Perscan’s selected the words of Jesus when he was about to die on the cross; “it is finished,” the Christian leader said as a sign of conquer.
Well, on Thursday however, when the competition was finished, Persco was finished.
They were unable to match the other two schools in the grand finale and placed third.
Presec Legon hoped to win a record six title but that dream would have to wait, St Augustine’s College finished off a wonderful campaign and lifted the NSMQ title for the first time since 2007.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video
- Court remands driver, mate in alleged fuel tanker arson case
- A judge let Chinese rosewood queen walk - Prosecutors
- Amnesty International to petition CHRAJ over Afoko
- Give Me Hope Foundation CEO wins International Philanthropist Award
- Pray for me: Thief’s apology letter after breaking into a church
- Boakye Mattress' Trust wins land case against Lands Commission, 3 others
- Callers decry "evil" hand in decision to deny Gregory Afoko bail
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat