It is finished, it is finished; champions of the NSMQ 2019, Augustine’s College chanted. They were using the defending champion’s pre-battle line against them.
The contestants of St Peter’s SHS used Bible verses as morale boosters ahead of their contests in the 2019 competition.
At the semifinal, Michael of St Peter’s referred to Tepa SHS and Wesley Girls’ SHS as ‘the Egyptians’ it is written that the Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more, he quoted the book of Exodus.
This worked for the Nkwatia-based school until the grand finale.
On Thursday, the Perscan’s selected the words of Jesus when he was about to die on the cross; “it is finished,” the Christian leader said as a sign of conquer.
Well, on Thursday however, when the competition was finished, Persco was finished.
They were unable to match the other two schools in the grand finale and placed third.
Presec Legon hoped to win a record six title but that dream would have to wait, St Augustine’s College finished off a wonderful campaign and lifted the NSMQ title for the first time since 2007.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019