Police in the Ashanti Region have described as false, a video circulating on social media in which a chief was allegedly slaughtering a human for sacrifice.
In the said video, Nana Appau Ababio Sanwansa, the traditional ruler of Hemang in the Ashanti Region, appeared to be slaughtering what looked like an animal at the forecourt of the palace.
Scores of people including police personnel gathered to catch a glimpse of the sacrifice.
A voice could be heard in the video claiming the chief was slaughtering a human being to pacify the gods of the town.
Police say after analysing the content of the video, they came to the conclusion that it was a ram that was being killed.
They have, therefore, urged the public to disregard the video.
“Meanwhile, the woman who was heard in the video alleging a human being was slaughtered is being questioned by the police,” the statement signed by Regional Police PRO, ASP Godwin Ahianyoh said.
Read the statement below:
More News Headlines
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'