Some students of Presec Legon in Accra have designed a software application that enhances exeat systems in the boarding house of the country’s senior high schools.
Ebenezer Kyere and Japheth Selorm Hlorjie designed the app as part of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz tech fair.
The form 2 students say some challenges that face the current exeat system is a forgery of signatures and overstaying of the period granted.
Speaking to JoyNews, they say the software seeks to solve these problems by creating a log system that the housemasters have access to.
The app also sends a text notification to parents when their wards have been granted an exeat.
Ebenezer and Japheth say they hope to develop the app into something bigger.
Watch them speak to JoyNews’ Maxwell Agbagba below:
More News Headlines
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues