A -34- year old woman was last Wednesday evening murdered in a bush at Agona Swedru in the Central region.
The deceased, a Sobolo seller, who has been identified as Mariam Adu, was found dead with blood oozing from her nose in a bush at Kwesimoko, a suburb of Agona Swedru around 5 pm.
It has been gathered from some sources that Mariam who stays at Kwesimoko was returning home after her trading activity when the incident occurred. After a careful examination of the scene by the police, it was observed that she might have struggled with her assailant before her death.
The blouse which she was spotted wearing on top of her skirt was torn into tatters as well as several traces in the bush which might suggest that she struggled with the attacker before being strangled to death.
Confirming the incident Thursday, Superintendent Seth Yirenkyi, the Swedru District Police Commander said that the deceased’s brother Gabriel Adu had a call from one Sakina that his sister was lying unconscious in a bush at Kwesimoko, with some quantity of the Sobolo she sells in a container also close to her lifeless body.
He noted that Gabriel in the company of four others quickly proceeded to the scene to ascertain the veracity of the information but found her sister’s motionless body on the body together with her products.
The deceased was quickly rushed to the Swedru Government Hospital to receive emergency medical attention but she was unfortunately pronounced dead upon arrival.
He added that the police also visited the hospital to examine the body of deceased as well as gone to the scene to gather first-hand information to assist them in their investigations towards arresting the perpetrators(s).
Meanwhile, the body of the deceased has since been deposited at the hospital’s morgue awaiting the outcome of an autopsy.
More News Headlines
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'