The police in the Western Region have launched a manhunt for the chief of Upper Dixcove for allegedly kidnapping the chief of Lower Dixcove and four of his subject.
Confirming the search to JoyNews, the region’s Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, said the police had information that the paramount Chief of Upper Dixcove Nana Hema Dekyi had made an announcement for his subjects to gather at his Palace.
He brought in some well-built machete-wielding men outside the town who attacked Nana Kwasi Agyemang IX and subjects of Lower Dixcove palace.
They proceeded to destroy properties, kidnapped the Nana Kwasi Agyemang IX and four of his men to undisclosed location.
Police at Agona Nkwanta with re-enforcement from Sekondi proceeded to Dixcove and rescued Nana Kwasi Agyemang IX and the four kidnapped subject from the Palace of Nana Hema Dekyi XIV.
The kidnapped subjects were half naked and had cutlass wound over their bodies.
The Police PRO DSP Adiku said the five were locked up in a room on the second floor Nana Hema Dekyi’s Palace.
The police broke into the room and rescued them. The rescued chief and his four subjects were sent to the Efia Nkwanta Hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.
The whereabouts of suspect Nana Hema Dekyi is not known.
Two vehicles, a Ford with Registration No GT7299-X belonging to Nana Kwasi Agyemang IX and Daewoo saloon car GS 4207-10 had their windscreens and glasses damaged.
More News Headlines
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme