The Parliamentarian for the Abetifi constituency, Bryan Acheampong, has donated a 150kv generator to the Presbyterian College of Education at Abetifi (ABETICO), in the Kwahu East District of the Eastern region.
The donation, which was in collaboration with the Tertiary Education Students Confederacy (Tescon) chapter of the Abetifi Presbyterian College of Education, is in response to a request made by the College to the MP, who is also the Minister of State in charge of National Security.
Doing the presentation on behalf of the MP, Roberta Eshun, who is a staff from the MP’s office, expressed appreciation to the Management of the College for their hard work, time and dedication towards the administration of the institution.
She noted, Mr. Bryan Acheampong is optimistic that the donation of the industrial generator will facilitate efforts towards making education more meaningful to the youth and community at large.
She implored management to maintain the facility pledging the MP’s continued support for the School.
The principal of Abetifi Presbyterian College, Dr Mrs Phyllis Agyeman Nyarko, thanked Bryan Acheampong for the support.
“This is a big relief to staff and students because every activity of the College comes to a standstill anytime the national grid goes off. This generator will also help us at night as keeping the campus lit during outages will help students avoid stepping on snakes at night,” Dr Mrs Nyarko said.
The Principal, urged to other philanthropic organisations and prominent members from the Kwahu area, to emulate the gesture of the MP.
She appealed for assistance in roofing, wiring, tiling and furnishing of the dinning and cafeteria block being constructed by the school.
The ceremony was graced by the Abetifi Constituency chairman of the New Patriotic Party, members of staff of the Abetifi Presbyterian College of Education as well as students.
More News Headlines
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid