Legacy Girls College has launched a scholarship fund to support girl child education in the country.
The fund has already supported a young girl to pursue her education at Legacy Girls’ College, learning how to code and bettering her chances for success at life and a career to support her mother.
Over the past three years, some students have benefited from scholarships without any assistance thus management now deem it fit to call for external support.
Speaking at the launch, Appeals Court judge, Justice Gertrude Torkornoo called on Ghanaians to make continual efforts in educating the girl child in Ghana.
She applauded the founders of the school, Mrs. Ellen Hagan (Dr) and Mrs. Essie Annor Sackey for founding Legacy Girls.
“What Legacy Girls is doing today is remarkable and we need more of this in the country. Not all families can afford to provide quality education, and those who have much should be willing to give much so that those who have little will not need to have little.”
The Legacy Girls’ Scholarship Fund was launched at a fundraising dinner held on the 26th of July 2019.
Governing Board for the fund was introduced at the launch. They include: Madam Joyce Herman Ackah, CEO- Oil Channel Ltd; Madam Evelyn Asiedu, Ghana Technology University; Madam Mavis Osei, HR Specialist managing the United Nations young professionals program; Her Ladyship Avril Lovelace Johnson - Appeal Court Judge. Constituting the project team to support the Board are: Mr. Kweku Anim- Deputy Head of Academics; Roselyn Antwi - Accountant, Mrs. Irene Hagan - Marketing Manager, and Mr. Kofi Agyeman- teacher.
The launch of the Scholarship Fund also unveiled its After the Fund was launched; Legacy Girls’ branded shirts were auctioned to begin money generation for the Fund. The event was organized by Focus Digital and sponsored by Beadsnaba, Wear Ghana, Voltic, and Homey Delights.
More News Headlines
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid