Three tutors of Agogo State College have been interdicted following allegations that the school cheated in the qualifiers of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz competition.
They are Kwadwo Yiadom Boakye, Head Teacher; Nicholas Budu Marfo, Assistant Head Teacher in charge of academics and Coordinator for the Science and Maths Quiz competition, Francis Adjei, who is also said to be head of the school’s Science Department.
Their suspension is to allow investigations into how the school fielded an unqualified candidate in the Ashanti Regional qualifiers which they won.
The Ashanti Region school, according to organisers of the 26-year-old quiz, fielded an unqualified contestant in the region’s qualifiers.
“Tweneboa Kodua SHS, which placed second in that contest, will take their place,” a statement from Primetime said.
Agogo State College was subsequently replaced with Tweneboa Kodua SHS for the national contest currently taking place at the R.S Amegashie Auditorium of the University of Ghana Business School, Legon, Accra.
Myjoyonline has learnt that officials from the Asante Akyem District Education Directorate visited the school on Thursday, July 4, and announced the interdiction of the three tutors to make way for investigations into the circumstances that brought shame to the school.
A formal statement is expected to be issued by the Ghana Education Service to that effect, a source has said.
Agogo State College qualified to the preliminary stage of the 2019 competition with 46 points, beating favourites, Tweneboa Kodua SHS who amassed 25 points.
Save their disqualification, the Agogo-based school would have made a return to the nationals of the coveted competition after three years of sitting on the sidelines.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat
- Key member of Yaa Ansaa Family fighting Akwamuhene installation pledges support
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks