A caller into Jo FM’s Super Morning Show Friday could not hold back his tears when he shared his thoughts on the planned construction of a new Parliamentary chamber estimated to cost the nation, $200 million.
George from Kumasi questioned the priorities of Ghana’s leaders and whether they have the interest of the nation at heart.
“I’m so sad this morning, I’m so sad,” he lamented.
He asked the leaders to concentrate on issues that matter like the maternal unit at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital which remains uncompleted for over 40 years.
In some communities pregnant women in labour are carried on men’s shoulders to the hospital because the roads are so bad that no vehicle can ply them, George noted.
Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah Bonsu has insisted there is justification for the new chamber.
The Suame MP says the new chamber would among other things allow the Speaker to see all MPs clearly as pillars in the current chamber prevent the Speaker from seeing some 22 MPs.
Residents in his community who spoke to JoyNews, however, say the legislator should focus on his core duties and also advocate for development in the constituency.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video
- Court remands driver, mate in alleged fuel tanker arson case
- A judge let Chinese rosewood queen walk - Prosecutors
- Amnesty International to petition CHRAJ over Afoko
- Give Me Hope Foundation CEO wins International Philanthropist Award
- Pray for me: Thief’s apology letter after breaking into a church
- Boakye Mattress' Trust wins land case against Lands Commission, 3 others
- Callers decry "evil" hand in decision to deny Gregory Afoko bail
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat