The military hierarchy is said to have locked up an officer seen in a viral video speaking against the controversial new parliamentary complex.
The officer is also heard in the video appealing to President Akufo-Addo not to support the plan.
The officer whose name is not known described calls for the construction of a new chamber as selfish on the part of Parliamentarians.
Joy News sources say he’s likely to spend about a month in the detention in accordance with military regulations.
His comments amount to an offence described in the military as ‘disloyalty’.
The announcement of a new chamber among other facilities for MP last week has been heavily criticised.
Below is the video:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video
- Court remands driver, mate in alleged fuel tanker arson case
- A judge let Chinese rosewood queen walk - Prosecutors
- Amnesty International to petition CHRAJ over Afoko
- Give Me Hope Foundation CEO wins International Philanthropist Award
- Pray for me: Thief’s apology letter after breaking into a church
- Boakye Mattress' Trust wins land case against Lands Commission, 3 others
- Callers decry "evil" hand in decision to deny Gregory Afoko bail
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat