NSMQ2019 Presec contestants
Five-time champions, Presec Legon have qualified to the grand finale of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
The Legon giants eliminated two-time champions Opoku Ware Schools and one-time winners, Adisadel College Monday morning.
The ‘blue boys’ displayed fantastic energy throughout the contest and put it beyond the reach of the others by Round Four of Five.
Although Presec couldn’t answer any of the four riddles in Round Five, the gap was too wide for the chasing pack to catch up.
The scores ended at Presec Legon, 48pts – Adisadel College, 34pts and Opoku Ware School, 31pts
Adisadel has now been stopped from appearing at the grand finale for the fifth time consecutive.
Opoku Ware School have won the tournament twice. They would have to try again in 2020 to have a chance of making it three.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 8 July 2019
Live update ends
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat
- Key member of Yaa Ansaa Family fighting Akwamuhene installation pledges support
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks