Joy News has secured photos of alleged kidnappers of two Canadian nationals who were rescued in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
In a press conference hours after the rescue operation, Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah revealed that three of the eight arrested are Nigerians. However, their names remain undisclosed.
It would be recalled that two Canadians, Bailey Jordan Chitty, 20 and Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley, 19, were reportedly forced into a vehicle at about 8:20 pm on June 4 just when they had stepped out of their apartment at Silver Spring in Kumasi.
However, in a joint operation involving various security agencies including the Police and National Security, the duo was rescued at a house at Akyease in the Kwabre East District of the Ashanti region.
Nigerian suspects have been involved in all four high-profile kidnappings in what analysts say point to an influx of Nigerian-style crimes in Ghana.
A Nigerian suspect is being held over the kidnapping of three girls in the Western regional capital, Takoradi, in 2018. The girls are yet to be found.
The police are also on a manhunt for three Nigerians linked to the kidnapping of the Consular-General and Head of Mission of Estonia to Ghana, Nabil Makram Basbous, in April 2019 in Accra who was later rescued by police.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The world's most harrowing roads that you'd actually want to drive
- JHS graduates laud 'iCan Mentorship' BECE boost
- NSMQ2019: Former champions, GSTS dump Zico, Aduman SHS
- Ghana to host maiden Africa Media Advertising Sales Summit
- 7-year-old boy ‘drowns’ but family suspects murder
- TRRS 2019 Class hands back renovated washroom to Dzorwulu A&B Primary Sch
- Photos of some new SHS facilities to tackle over-crowding
- Awaso Mines vandals will face the law — Minister
- UEW sacks Nigerian professor for misconduct, unsavoury comment
- Traders demand enforcement of laws against foreigners in retail business
- Landlady fined ¢2,400 after tenants poured garbage in rain
- Journalists must probe Auditor General’s report - Samson Lardy
- Ola faces early exit as Edinaman puts up heated NSMQ performance
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new module to check drunk driving