The U.S. Department of State’s Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visited Ghana from June 13-14.
During his visit, Carl Risch, met with officials from the Foreign Affairs Ministry to discuss matters of mutual interest.
He also met members of the diplomatic community, U.S. Mission consular and immigration staff.
This concludes a two-country trip that began on June 10, 2019. Prior to Ghana, Assistant Secretary Risch travelled to Kenya to meet with U.S. Embassy staff and observe consular operations in Nairobi.
In both cities, he underscored the deep and sustained commitment to the protection of U.S. citizens overseas and the facilitation of legitimate travel and immigration to the United States.
Carl C. Risch was sworn in as Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs on August 11, 2017.
He most recently served as the Acting Chief of Staff at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Mr Risch was previously the USCIS Field Office Director at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul, South Korea.
He also worked as an immigration officer for USCIS at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines. He started his career with USCIS as an immigration officer in the Administrative Appeals Office.
Mr. Risch is a former Foreign Service Officer with the Department of State, where he served as a consular officer at the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam.
He had a highly regarded legal career in Pennsylvania in addition to his government service. Mr Risch earned a BA from the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania and a JD from Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges