Day 2 of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) promises some fun fixtures, as giants like St. Augustine’s College and the highest scoring school in the qualifiers, Kumasi High School, go into action.
Both schools compete in different contests taking place at the same time.
If you are torn between the two, the one to watch out for is the contest featuring St. Augustine’s College, Bolgatanga SHS, and Walewale SHS.
Why? AUGUSCO represents the strength of Central Region, being the region’s best foot forward after excelling in the qualifiers. They have also won the competition once.
Bolgatanga SHS (BigBoss) on their part also represents the strength of the Upper East Region, being the school with the highest tally from the qualifiers.
What makes this contest interesting is that despite, AUGUSCO being the stronger one on paper, they also have a reputation for losing to underdogs.
They missed out on the 2018 competition because they lost to Swedru SHS at the regional qualifiers.
BigBoss may just add salt to injury for AUGUSCO today and add their names to the list of giant slayers.
In the other contest, Kumasi High School after scoring 77 points in the qualifiers should have no trouble shrugging off Toase SHS and Navrongo SHS who scored 34 and 26 points respectively.
Results for Monday’s contests
NNB: End of Contest:
T.I. AMASS, Kumasi: 55pts
Berekum SHS: 39pts
Bawku SHTS: 17pts
UGBS: End of contest:
Notre Dame Girls' SHS: 36pts
Uthman Bin Affan SHS: 18pts
Adaklu SHS: 16pts
Have your say
More News Headlines
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage