Police in Odumase has apprehended two persons in connection with the murder of a 20-year-old teacher at Agormanya in the Eastern Region.
The suspects, Kwao Noah, 20, who is said to be the boyfriend of the deceased and his friend, Abass Teye, were picked up by police for interrogation after the body was found.
Sandra Dede Tetteh’s body was discovered in a drain on Sunday morning with bruises around her throat suggesting possible strangulation to death, the police said.
Speaking to Joy News, mother of the deceased, Paulina Dede Tetteh said her daughter was last seen on Saturday in the company of her boyfriend and his friend at about 8:30 pm.
Although Kwao admitted picking Sandra from her home, he said she left his house immediately after they arrived there.
According to him, the mother with a two-year-old son left to collect a mobile phone from another male friend.
Sandra who teaches at Vision Academy in Odumase was, however, found half naked the next morning about 200 meters from Noah’s house.
An officer of the Odumase Krobo police command confirmed the incident but declined to speak on the record.
This is the fourth time bodies have been found at dawn at Agomanya in the last four months.
Assemblyman for Agbom East, Daniel Nartey has cautioned residents who feel unsafe following the incident to desist from staying out too late.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La