Teaching and learning at Kitson Mills Primary School at Korle Gonno came to a temporary halt Tuesday when a Kindergarten pupil of the school fell into a septic tank and died while playing with his friends.
The child, Robert Oko Thompson, 9, fell in the uncovered septic tank overgrown with weeds while chasing butterflies with his peers.
The septic tank, according to an official of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), was about 12 feet deep and was full of water.
Teachers and other community members around the school had thronged the premises of the school to have a spectacle of the incident.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La