Left-wing political movement Economic Fighters League has called for the legalisation of marijuana, highlighting its economic potential in improving livelihoods.
The call is also in support of a march by Rastafarians who want expunged, the PNDCL 236 which criminalises the cultivation and sale of the green leafed plant.
The march scheduled for June 26, 2019 is intended to draw public attention to the medicinal, economic and industrial potential of marijuana, a statement signed by the League’s Fighter-General Hardi Yakubu.
Marijuana legalisation is a growing trend in Europe and the Americas. In Africa, cannabis as it is also called and its production is criminalised in several countries.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges