The electricity service provider, Power Distribution Services (PDS) Ghana Limited, has announced that it will reschedule all planned maintenance works to ensure that Ghanaians are able to watch all the matches of the senior national team at AFCON 2019.
The PDS in a public notice on Tuesday said it has decided to reschedule all planned maintenance works on days when the Black Stars play.
It explained that this is in order not to interrupt power supply to enable full support for the senior national team.
However, PDS stressed that critical maintenance works will be completed on Black Stars matchdays within the shortest time.
The Black Stars started their 2019 AFCON campaign against Benin on Tuesday at the Ismailia Stadium in Egypt at 8 pm.
The match ended in a 2-2 draw.
They have been drawn in Group F alongside defending champions Cameroon and Guinea-Bissau.
The Black Stars will also play Cameroon on June 29 in their second match in Ismailia before facing Guinea-Bissau in their final group match on July 2 at the Suez Stadium in Suez.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in