The President of the National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG) has presented 1037 motorbikes to Assembly members in the Volta Region.
According to Mr. Felix Mensah Nii Annan-La, who is also the Tema Metropolitan Chief Executive, the bikes are to aid members of the local assembly in the discharge of their work creditably.
Receiving the motorbikes on behalf of the presiding members, the Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yaw Letsa commended the President for his generosity and urged the presiding members to use the bikes for its intended purpose.
"The bikes are not for commercial purposes, it is to enable you to reach deprived areas in the discharge of your work," Dr. Letsa advised.
On his part, the Volta Regional President of NALAG, Wisdom Semanu Seneadza, who is also DCE for Afadzato South Assembly, expressed his gratitude for the support of the members over the years and urged them to continue supporting the association to achieve greater laurels.
The National President of NALAG, Nii Annan-La also used the opportunity to hint of his intentions to lead the association for a second term.
According to him, his plan is to build a strong association.
"When given the mandate at the upcoming 4th Biennial national Delegates Conference, I will focus on vigorous training and capacity building for the very member as well organise regular training for them" he promised.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse
- TUC backs plan to restructure NIB, ADB
- Forestry Commission bans hunting, capturing of wild animals
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years