Police said passenger Clayton Lucas, 25, choked the driver until he nearly passed out, per CBS station KDKA in Pittsburgh.
Neither the driver nor the song were identified.
Lucas was being driven from a halfway house to a treatment class when the music set him off, WTAE, the ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, reported. Police said they needed to use force to subdue Lucas after he did not respond to their commands.
He was due in court on the aggravated assault charge this week.
Christmas, for the record, was 76 days ago, and is 288 days away.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kintampo accident: 35 persons burnt beyond recognition given mass burial
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service