Police said passenger Clayton Lucas, 25, choked the driver until he nearly passed out, per CBS station KDKA in Pittsburgh.
Neither the driver nor the song were identified.
Lucas was being driven from a halfway house to a treatment class when the music set him off, WTAE, the ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, reported. Police said they needed to use force to subdue Lucas after he did not respond to their commands.
He was due in court on the aggravated assault charge this week.
Christmas, for the record, was 76 days ago, and is 288 days away.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash
- MP faults PDS over bloody Odumase violence that killed boy