Kumasi Senior High has sent a strong message to competitors as the Ashanti regional qualifiers of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) kicked start Monday.
The school based at Gyinyase in the Ashanti capital, Kumasi scored a gargantuan 77 points, which is very rare in recent times of the Primetime TV quiz.
Kumasi:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 11 March 2019
Congrats Kumasi High School for winning the contest with such an impressive performance. Hold on to the fire and we look forward to seeing you at the Nationals. Well done Boys!#NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019 pic.twitter.com/h2x8yJ6hKH
They have by that victory qualified for the nationals which come off at the University of Ghana in June this year.
They were ousted from the contest in 2018 after falling 3 points short of St Louis SHS’ 43 points at the one-eighth stage.
But they look poised to go further in the competition as they left Kofi Agyei SHS trailing with 18 points with Dadease Agric SHS scoring 16 points and Konadu Yiadom Catholic SHS getting a paltry 15 point.
Also in the Ashanti region, Afia Kobi Ampem SHS qualified with 30 points. SIMMS SHS failed to qualify after slipping five points behind.
Jacobu Senior High and Technical School (SHTS) scored 13 points and Bodwesango SHS finished the contest with 6 points.
In another contest, Nkawie SHTS also impressed with 43 points, towering over Otumfuo Osei Tutu College who scored 13 points. Christ the King SHS followed with 12 points and Achinakrom SHS was last with 2 points.
Adventist Girls' SHS also joined the likes of Bolga Girls’ High to represent girls’ schools at the nationals in Accra.
Their 32 points were enough to fight off competition from Agric Nzema SHS who scored 12 points.
New Edubiase SHS also scored 12 points and Juaso SHTS finished with 4 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A boy’s wish fulfilled as 9-yr-old Jeremiah Arthur walks again
- From the newsstands: Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Police to deploy body cams in May
- It’s in Africa’s interest to fight climate change – Akufo-Addo calls for unified front
- Africa Climate Week signals continent's huge investment opportunity
- Chereponi SHS students demand police clearance to go home over conflict
- Russian city hosts painful face-slapping championship
- These are the happiest countries in 2019; Ghana improves on global rankings
- Kasapreko donates fire station worth GH¢400,000 to GNFS
- NSMQ: Two Presby schools progress as Akwamuman stops Abetifi Presby
- Assault on journalists: 3 police officers suspended
- Era of ‘missing dockets’ over as Akufo-Addo launches e-Justice project
- Experience Flight #7 made of recycled material, scraps from different aircrafts
- WiSTEM GH, GH Scientific organise girls STEM camp
- Joy FM Ghana Month: Can you read in your local language? Watch 4 students