Kumasi Senior High has sent a strong message to competitors as the Ashanti regional qualifiers of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) kicked start Monday.
The school based at Gyinyase in the Ashanti capital, Kumasi scored a gargantuan 77 points, which is very rare in recent times of the Primetime TV quiz.
Kumasi:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 11 March 2019
Congrats Kumasi High School for winning the contest with such an impressive performance. Hold on to the fire and we look forward to seeing you at the Nationals. Well done Boys!#NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019 pic.twitter.com/h2x8yJ6hKH
They have by that victory qualified for the nationals which come off at the University of Ghana in June this year.
They were ousted from the contest in 2018 after falling 3 points short of St Louis SHS’ 43 points at the one-eighth stage.
But they look poised to go further in the competition as they left Kofi Agyei SHS trailing with 18 points with Dadease Agric SHS scoring 16 points and Konadu Yiadom Catholic SHS getting a paltry 15 point.
Also in the Ashanti region, Afia Kobi Ampem SHS qualified with 30 points. SIMMS SHS failed to qualify after slipping five points behind.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 11 March 2019
Jacobu Senior High and Technical School (SHTS) scored 13 points and Bodwesango SHS finished the contest with 6 points.
In another contest, Nkawie SHTS also impressed with 43 points, towering over Otumfuo Osei Tutu College who scored 13 points. Christ the King SHS followed with 12 points and Achinakrom SHS was last with 2 points.
Adventist Girls' SHS also joined the likes of Bolga Girls’ High to represent girls’ schools at the nationals in Accra.
Their 32 points were enough to fight off competition from Agric Nzema SHS who scored 12 points.
New Edubiase SHS also scored 12 points and Juaso SHTS finished with 4 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day