Police in Slovenia have accused a woman of cutting off her hand with a circular saw - with the help of her family - to make a fraudulent insurance claim.
The 21-year-old and a relative have been detained and face up to eight years in prison if convicted.
The suspects recently took out injury insurance, police say.
The woman allegedly stood to gain about €400,000 (£340,000; $450,000) in compensation and monthly payments of about €3,000 from the policy.
Four members of the family were initially detained earlier this year, but two were later released.
Police say the group deliberately cut the woman's hand above the wrist at their home in the capital Ljubljana.
Relatives took her to hospital, saying she had injured herself while sawing branches.
Officials say the group left the severed hand behind rather than bring it to hospital, to ensure the disability was permanent. But the authorities recovered it in time to sew it back on.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 15 photos you missed from the match between Ghana's Black Stars and the Harambees of Kenya.
- Awake Purified Drinking Water rescues Okwampa, Ayensuako residents from water crisis
- 'If we become an authority, we'll bite' - Road Safety Commission boss
- GRIDCo’s transmission tower in Tema hacked down
- Today's newspaper headlines: Monday, March 25, 2019
- World Water Day: How Nestlé increases access to safe water in Central, West Africa
- 172 new engineers inducted into Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Church of Pentecost Chairman takes a swipe at gloating preachers, greedy politicians
- Marine police officer protecting Osagyefo Power Barge in a suspected suicide
- Broadcast journalist criticises plans to introduce French as Ghana's second language
- Giant mixing truck serving cocktails in Florida
- Akufo-Addo tasks Tourism Minister to build on pan-African legacy
- Otabil calls for 'dramatic' solution to 'senseless' road carnage
- One-year-old stolen at Takoradi market, police on manhunt
- Police to deploy officers to new regions