Kalpohin Senior High School got a rare second chance in the qualifiers of the National Science and Maths Quiz.
After losing in their first contest, all was indeed over. But then, Bole SHS didn’t turn up for their contest, and Kalpohin, based in the Tamale metropolis got another chance to contest in their stead, being the highest scoring losing school.
They finished with 28 points, very impressive and the highest for the day in the region.
Tolon SHS and Dagbon State SHS trailed with 12 and 10 points respectively. : 12pts
In another contest, Salaga SHS made away with 19 points, not too impressive but it did the job.
T.I. AMASS, Salaga could stop them with 14 points. Presby SHS, Tamale only scored 12 points.
Tamale Islamic Science also booked their ticket with 25 points. They defeated Kalpohin who scored 20 points but made up for it later.
Business SHS scored 19 points and crushed out of the competition at its budding stage.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia