A high scoring Kumasi Academy sealed their qualification to the prelims of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Friday morning.
Not a tally easily reached by those tagged as giants of the competition, the Ashanti regional capital-based school hit the 70-point mark with style.
That would surely send a message to the likes of Prempeh College; - four-time champions of the Primetime TV show – who are expected to be present for the Regional championship on Saturday.
KUMACA came up against a strong Adu Gyamfi Senior High side but the difference between 33 and 70 would surely leave the Adu Gyamfi team wondering what went wrong.
Thirty-three should have been enough to rocket them into a qualification but the heat exuded by Kumasi Academy was just too much for Adu Gyamfi to bear; kowtowing to the victors.
Kumasi:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 15 March 2019
Congratulations Kumasi Academy for winning the contest. That was an excellent performance. Keep it up and we look forward to seeing you at the nationals.
Well done!#NSMQRegionals2019 #NSMQ2019 pic.twitter.com/hYkkbYYgsv
Ghana Muslim Mission Senior High and Kumasi Girls’ SHS were also in the competition but only on paper.
They two underdogs scored 19 and 17 points respectively.
In the end, the sum of the points of all three competitors is still one short of winners’, Kumasi Academy; very impressive.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Humanitarian crisis as violence ravages Chereponi, again
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals
- Police investigating themselves violates natural justice - CHRI
- Truck veers off Tema motorway into commuters and kills one
- MP backs calls for resignation of UEW Vice Chancellor
- GIMPA School of Technology; partners mentor young girls
- Today's front pages, March 18, 2019
- Growing police-civilian mistrust threat to public tranquillity - BPS
- 1,500 smuggled turtles found alive in abandoned luggage
- God will judge you if you don’t cook well for kids – School feeding caterers told
- Armed Forces get multipurpose hall in Kumasi
- Ghana on track to achieving equity – Cynthia Morrison tells UN