A high scoring Kumasi Academy sealed their qualification to the prelims of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Friday morning.
Not a tally easily reached by those tagged as giants of the competition, the Ashanti regional capital-based school hit the 70-point mark with style.
That would surely send a message to the likes of Prempeh College; - four-time champions of the Primetime TV show – who are expected to be present for the Regional championship on Saturday.
KUMACA came up against a strong Adu Gyamfi Senior High side but the difference between 33 and 70 would surely leave the Adu Gyamfi team wondering what went wrong.
Thirty-three should have been enough to rocket them into a qualification but the heat exuded by Kumasi Academy was just too much for Adu Gyamfi to bear; kowtowing to the victors.
Kumasi:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 15 March 2019
Congratulations Kumasi Academy for winning the contest. That was an excellent performance. Keep it up and we look forward to seeing you at the nationals.
Well done!#NSMQRegionals2019 #NSMQ2019 pic.twitter.com/hYkkbYYgsv
Ghana Muslim Mission Senior High and Kumasi Girls’ SHS were also in the competition but only on paper.
They two underdogs scored 19 and 17 points respectively.
In the end, the sum of the points of all three competitors is still one short of winners’, Kumasi Academy; very impressive.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019