The founder and leader of the Glorious Word Chapel, Rev Owusu Bempah on Friday stormed the offices of Radio XYZ in Accra with armed men, threatening to kill one of the station’s presenters, Mugabe Maase.
Narrating what happened, lead producer for the station Kofi Oppong Asamoah told Joy News that at about 10 am on Friday, when their flagship programmes were airing, the receptionist came through with the self-styled man of God.
“He came with some bodyguards with him who were armed and they came in asking of Mugabe Maase who is the host of an afternoon politics show.
“We asked him why he was asking for Mr. Maase to which he replied that the radio presenter has made derogatory comments about him on radio on Thursday,” he said.
According to him, Rev Bempah said the presenter had threatened he is going to sack him from the country so he is presenting himself for that action to be taken.
“He said emphatically that he is going to end the life of Mugabe Maase because he cannot go about saying untruth about him,” Mr Asamoah said.
The puzzled guests around kept asking Rev Bempah what authority he has to threaten that he would ensure the station is closed down.
Their questions threw the premises into chaos as Rev. Bempah’s heavily built bodyguards moved to manhandle the guests.
“Although one of the bodyguards tried to manhandle someone, he was restrained by other people around. No one was hurt and no property was vandalised,” Mr Asamoah said.
The management of Radio XYZ has lodged a complaint with the East Legon Police.
In a statement, Radio XYZ has asked the security agencies to act to ensure the safety of Mugabe Maase and the entity as a whole.
”We unreservedly condemn this dastardly act by Prophet Owusu Bempah and trust that the security agencies shall deal with the matter expeditiously,” management said.
Meanwhile, Kofi Adams, former NDC National Organiser has also been to the CID Headquarters lodging a complaint Rev. Isaac Bempah.
According to him, the pastor has been captured on tape accusing former President John Mahama and others of plotting to kill President Akufo-Addo and his Vice Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia